Saturday, October 27, 2012

Week 9

This was a frustrating week for me.

First, trying to really put together a truly abstract film was difficult because I felt like I had no starting point. After messing around with some things in my room, I found that dripping paint into cranberry juice had a really cool effect and I started to play off that. It looked a lot like blood to me and I wanted to work with that and through lots of ideas, I really wanted to do an abstract commentary on self-esteem and the issues many women have with it. I ran with it and was super pleased with most of what I had put together.

Then, in the critique, people did not seem to get the same idea and thought it seemed cliche, which they were somewhat right about. However, I was really upset by the critique and just so frustrated with all the trouble the project was causing me. That weekend I decided to scrap the whole thing and start over, and I am now working on a new idea and trying to play off the concept of memory, which is something I find incredibly fascinating. Hopefully this will be a more successful piece, but truthfully, I will be glad to just turn this project in and be done.

Despite my frustrations with this project, I am glad that I am being stretched in this way and hope that I come away from it a better artist and filmmaker.

No comments:

Post a Comment