Hmm...well, this week hasn't been too much worse than the last! Over the weekend I was able to get some awesome (or at least I think) pictures for the iMovie project. I had made some fake binoculars for my niece to play with over the weekend and she loved them and carried them around all weekend and I was able to develop a cool concept! She began to pretend to see things that weren't really there in the binoculars, and so "Little Monsters" came to be.
The most challenging part of this project for me was first, getting good shots. My niece is lovely but sometimes had a mind of her own and I had some trouble getting her cooperation at times. Hopefully I'll be able to pull something coherent out of my images in the end. I also had some trouble coming up with specific shots. Because I had come up with the idea on the spot, I never formalized a shot list and I'm hoping I won't pay for that in the end, though I'm generally happy with my material.
Even though iMovie isn't a difficult program, I'm finding myself struggling with this project. Its hard to make this project not just some slideshow of cute photos, and personally I feel like the Ken Burns effect makes it more so. The biggest challenge in terms of putting the project together ended up trying to make it an artistic film rather than a random slideshow set against some music. All in all, after all the critique and second edits, I am pleased with what I have so far, but I am ready to move on to Final Cut and using video.
I enjoyed the chapter from Making Media and I actually found it very helpful in constructing and cropping my photos for the stills project. The book is super technical but I find it super helpful as my background in video is somewhat limited still.
Here is the final product!
No comments:
Post a Comment